Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sugared Cranberries

At a Christmas party a few weeks back, my sister-in-law pointed out some sugar coated cranberries and said, "have you tried those yet?"  Now I'm usually game for cranberries, but by themselves...and not dried?  I wasn't sure how thrilled I would be.  But let me tell you, they were DELICIOUS!  Think of a grown-up Sour Patch kid.  You start with the sweet sugary coating and then get the tang of the cranberry.  Plus, if you're like me, you have some cranberries laying around after Thanksgiving and Christmas.  What better way to use them than this!??
 Now, on to the recipe...I followed the recipe from Group Recipes, which you can find here.  Essentially you create a simple syrup with a hint of cinnamon flavor.  Then, pop the cranberries in and let them chill in the fridge.  But, as an added bonus, you get a cranberry simple syrup that I just happen to know tastes pretty delicious with champagne, orange juice, and sprite :) 
 I simply bottled our cranberry simple syrup up in our Izze bottles that I have been saving for quite awhile now.  I knew they'd come in handy for something.  Then, I poppped in a few 'Rabbit' wine stoppers and we're set for storage in the fridge.  Aren't the cranberries pretty, though?  They literally popped on our dark granite countertops...and in our mouthes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)