Monday, December 13, 2010

Peanut Butter-Jelly Time!

I love peanut butter.  I go through phases where I wish I had an entire vat of Jiff peanut butter in our pantry.  My first college roommate was no different.  I'm pretty sure we went through an entire jar a week.  I also love chocolate with peanut butter.  There is no better combination in the world, period.

So this morning (on a blessed snow day called the night before), as I was perusing one of my new favorite blogs - (never home)maker I stumbled across her usual breakfast of chocolate-peanut butter oatmeal.  Can you say no-bake cookie for breakfast??  Of course I was down.  I tried it and it sure was delicious.  I'll pass on the recipe down below, or you can head to their site!  

Anywho, in addition to the amazing breakfast tip, Ashley at (never home)maker gave their recipe for homemade peanut butter.  See where I'm going with this?? :)  I decided to give it a shot....and it's amazing.  I made a few slight changes to the receipe (but honestly when do I not?)  So get out your food processor and get ready to give this one a try. 
  
Ernie & Katy's PB
(in honor of Katy Traylor, the only person I've ever met who loves pb as much as I do)
Here's what you need:
2 cups blanched peanuts (no salt)
1 cup honey roasted peanuts 
1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Put all ingredients in a food processor and let 'er rip!  You literally have to run the processor for about 2-3 minutes.  It should start to get slightly soupy.  

Then, take a taste.  If you don't like it, add something :)  I may try mine with a little honey next time. 
 And you better believe tomorrow morning, I'll be adding some of this homemade peanut butter into my new favorite breakfast.  
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Oatmeal
2/3 cup oatmeal
2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips
1 heaping Tablespoon homemade peanut butter!
some hot water or milk
The best part about this bfast?  I don't like to eat before I go to school, and it's so easy to have the oats, chocolate chips, and pb in a glass container.  Then, all I have to do is add some hot water at school and stir it up!  You will seriously be full until lunch with this recipe.  I even topped it with a banana this morning.  Mad props to Ashley at (never home)maker...soooooooooo good.  

Let me know if you ever decide to try the peanut butter and what you think of it...or if you come up with any cool changes to make it that much better!

PS - Whit licked off the spoon and even she concurs that it sure is delicious :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)