Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweetest Day...and Cutting Boards



Happy Sweetest Day! errr...something.  I am probably in agreement with many of you who think Sweetest Day is a silly excuse for Hallmark to sell more cards and blah blah blah.  But, I also think it's important to point out that it's a great excuse for dinner out and a night on the town.  Well, maybe not so much that last part in our small town of Petoskey.  Perhaps we shall have a bonfire in our wonderful fire pit instead! 

The real reason for this post?  My sweetest husband has created more cutting boards!! (whoopwhoop)  I told him after he made my first cutting board for Christmas that every time he made cutting boards, I would require one from every batch!  At the time I thought it was a great idea (considering he makes them by the dozen most times).  And clearly this man has got some talent :)  Here's the first one he ever made (and quite possibly one of my favorite Christmas presents ever)!
 
This beaut has and always will have a permanent spot in our kitchen (and my heart *corny sweetest day touch*)!  But on a serious note, I would say we use it on a daily basis and I love how it gives us a touch of that 'butcher block' feel in our kitchen.  Here's one more of the good ole cutting board in her post!
Now, however, my collection is beginning to be somewhat overwhelming and requiring more display space that we currently have (but display shelves are on the honey-do list)!  Anyway, here's what we have so far:
  • The lovely Christmas present board 
  • The awesome new 'checkerboard' pattern
  • The striped pattern in the bread board size
 The new ones were made when my Aunt Erma checked out our Etsy store and requested a cutting board, but with a different design!  (Check out our Etsy store HERE) These are made out of reclaimed barn wood that Jon found on Craig'sList and planed (hence the frequent ground cover of sawdust in our garage) and beech that he already had lying around!

 And last, but certainly not least, is this design which he made per my request for presents for my bridesmaids!  Let's just say they were psyched to get the cutting boards and cookbooks we made for them (more on the cookbook adventure soon...).  And we made them, which added so much more of a personal touch!  Even more personal was that the cherry in these was from his dad's shop :)

So, have you decided that you can't live without one yet? ;)  I kid, I kid.  I just felt inspired to show you all Jon's beautiful creations on a lovely Sweetest Day!

But if you really do want one, you can email us or check out our Etsy shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)