Monday, April 18, 2011

Miscellany Monday & BBQ Chicken Pizza

We are blessed.  I mean, literally blessed.  Let me tell you a few reasons why...

1) On Friday night JW and I had massages and then we had our first 'overnight' with my precious nephews.  We started off frosting and eating cupcakes.  Braden was hilarious!  I think he figures why use his hands to eat the cupcakes when he can go straight to the frosting with his mouth.  He did the exact same thing yesterday morning after church with his donut!  Our night was great and we woke up to a few episodes of "Little Einsteins" and pancakes and apples!  So why does this make us blessed?  Well other than the obvious reason that we love hanging out with the boys, when we lived downstate we rarely got to see them so we truly relish in the fact that they live literally five houses down the street!




2) We had another great dinner with our friends in town on Saturday night.  We have come to meet and spend lots of time with an amazing group of friends in Petoskey and for that we are definitely blessed.  Maybe one of these days I'll actually take a picture of all of us together!
3) My after-school program kids were so absolutely awesome today!  Our homework session was productive and my homework group is doing great with their grades!  Then, in my computers class, we were working on fairy tales with a twist and they were super-creative!  I was smiling ear-to-ear.  Successful project planned!

4) My belly is growing a bit.  One of my students in the after-school program told me I looked "bigger".  Ha!  I double-checked that she meant that in a good way.  Here's a pic of the belly popping!  I'm a little tired as it was a long day, so please disregard the sleepy face...

5) I came home to the MOST delicious bbq chicken pizza made by my husband!  So, here's a recipe and a few quick pics...

Ingredients:
Frozen pizza dough (you can usually find these around the frozen pizza section)
BBQ Sauce
Cooked Chicken, cut into pieces
Bacon Bits
Red Peppers, cut into pieces
Mozzarella Cheese
1.  Make sure you take your pizza dough out of the freezer a day in advance.
2.  Roll out the pizza dough using some flour.
3.  Sprinkle some corn meal on the bottom of a pizza stone or cookie sheet.
4.  Top the crust with bbq sauce and then cheese and chicken, peppers, and bacon.
5.  Bake at 450 for about 13 minutes. 
6.  Start drooling when you see pizza come out of the oven...then EAT!


That's all that's going on in our neck of the woods...well except that it's snowing...again.  Our back patio is pretty classic with our hammock and patio furniture out and a light dusting of snow.  We're supposed to get some serious snow on Wednesday, so I'll be sure to snap a picture then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)