Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We've been busy...


It’s not that life has been super-crazy lately, we’ve just been doing lots of fun stuff and didn’t want to sit down (aka slow down) at a computer.  Here’s what we’ve been up to the past week…

~My parents, JW and I took the nephews to Garlyn Zoo in the UP (Upper Peninsula for you non-Michiganders).  Although I certainly don’t condone the whole concept of a zoo, it was pretty neat to see all the animals up close.







Boo with his new sunglasses that almost made it unbroken on the way home...almost.

~I’ve been finishing my Master’s.  Just a few more pages of writing and I’ll be done (thank goodness).

~We spent the whole weekend at the lake…and it was wonderful.

~My family and friends threw a baby shower for us.  It as at the cottage and a little overcast, but it was still a perfect night with family (you'll be seeing some of the gifts from here in Liza's room reveal).
Me, Mom, and Grandmas
Another sweater my mom crocheted!


~We’ve been watching the tomatoes grow and change from a green hue to a more yellow-green shade.  We can’t wait for them to be ready to eat.

~We’ve been seriously working on Liza’s room.  The chair gets delivered on Thursday!  And since I don’t have summer school on Friday, I hope to post some pics of what it looks like!

~I started summer school again.  It was hard to get up early again, but I’m halfway through this week already and we only have 2 more weeks after that.

I think that’s about it.  Tune in for some recipe posts this week.  I just picked up our CSA today and it is looking AMAZING (carrots, basil, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, lettuce, zucchini, cucumber, onion, and yellow beans)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)