Friday, June 17, 2011

Not Yo Mama's Cucumbers

Here's some crazy news: In 3 months, Liza will be here :)  And I can't wait to celebrate JW's first Father's Day this weekend!  We are heading to the lake as soon as he gets out of work and we'll be there alllllll weeekendddddd longggggg.  yessssss.   I looooove summertime.

And speaking of summertime...when it's summertime, it's time for cucumbers.  Eventually, we'll (*hopefully*) get some from our garden, but for now we'll just have to settle for buying them.  When I was little my mom always used to do vinegar, cucumbers, and onions.  I refused to touch them.  I can handle them now, but I still much prefer this recipe with a touch of sugar and spice.  

So, here's what you'll need... 
Ingredients:
3 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 t. agave syrup
1 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
dash of dried basil
dash of parsley
dash of cayenne pepper
[1] Combine ingredients from vinegar through cayenne pepper in a small saucepan.  Heat until sugar melts. 
[2] Combine cucumbers and tomatoes in a bowl.  
[3] Pour warm mixture over cucumbers.  Refrigerate for a few hours before enjoying!
 
  
I just mixed up a batch of these to take to the lake for the weekend.  So happy father's day and have a wonderful weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. hope you have a great weekend! was wondering if you would like to be Featured on Friday sometime soon on Everyday Easy - shoot me an email at everydayeasyblog at gmail dot com if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)