Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday's 'Simple Things'

I saw this idea for the first time last week -- it's from Jesslyn Amber's blog.  I like the idea of slowing down and picking out a few things for which I'm super appreciative.  

 Here are the simple things I'm appreciating today...

~The rain.  It's been rainy almost all week.  Though it's not always great for my spirits, it has made our garden look like a masterpiece and has helped our grass seed grow.  Not to mention, it makes me feel ok about sitting inside with a cold.

~Our Family.  We are blessed with such a wonderful family, most of whom live pretty close to us.  We are so thankful that we get to see them so often and that our lives have all become entangled.  It's truly amazing to watch the daily and weekly changes of our nephews.
~Baby Liza.  Sure this one is obvious, but we are so excited to be able to enjoy one of life's greatest miracles.  As we worked on her room today, both JW and I realized how anxious we are getting to meet this baby girl.

~Blogs.  I've become an avid reader of about 10 blogs and periodically check in on other ones.  For some reason, it just makes me happy :)

~My husband.  He is my other half.  Not to mention, he can build/create amazing things, he has all the love in the world for me, Whit, and our families, and he is so excited about our little bundle to come soon.  

~Home-grown, delicious food.  Growing up I never valued having grown something in your backyard (or city) and getting to enjoy it for dinner.  We are so excited for our garden and our CSA and all the homegrown nutrition they will supply us with this summer.

What simple things are you thankful for this Thursday?

1 comment:

  1. Your list is just awesome. Seems like you are living one beautiful, blessed life! Family sure does make life sweet! :)

    I love that your growing your own food...that's the best kind if you ask me! ;)

    Loving your blog and the name! So cute! Thank you so much for linking up with me!!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)