Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My day of birth.

Let me just come right out with it.  It's my 27th birthday today.  So we celebrated with family - steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, cole slaw, and fruit salad.  It was a delicious meal finished with this...


Of course we had to sing, and then we lit the candles three times so the nephews could blow them out.  We get good use out of our candles.  Then we ate the funfetti cake.  I don't know what it is about the funfetti cake with rainbow chip frosting but quite frankly I LOVE IT.  I will probably still request that for my birthday dessert when I am 50.  
It was really a great night...and I got some fantastic presents.  My favorite, though, is from my hubby: A CANON REBEL XSI.  Oh Lord, get ready for some pictures.  I wish I could've taken some tonight, but I figured it would be polite to interact with family and friends rather than charge the batteries and read the manual 15 times.  I'm thinking about calling in sick just so I can play with it (ok kidding, I don't have that many sick days).  

I also got lots of maternity clothes from my parents and bro and his wife, which is good because some days I'm starting to feel like my selection is limited.  That's especially reinforced when it's not all that warm outside - therefore no comfy skirts or dresses.
I also got this book from my friend Courtney, which cracks me up and would be a great present for any baby shower or mom-to-be.  You can buy it online, but here's the description:
"
This fun, retro volume shows moms how to maintain peace and prosperity for their familis-well, maybe not. Things like sending the little ones off to bed before hubby gets home so he won't have to be disturbed by them, making balanced meals every night and making sure everyone is at the table for dinner, and keeping herself looking good for him are portrayed in the kitchy light of their reality at the time. Warning: This is a gift between sisters and girlfriends who are moms or moms-to be.... It's a humorous gifts for moms-to-be, or currents moms, for Mother's Day or any day."
Trust me, you WILL laugh.  

I hope you all have a wonderful May 10th.  And if you have any lovely advice for me on this wonderful new camera, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)