Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Graduationnnnnn.

So when you're a teacher and a coach, you tend to have a lot of graduation parties to attend.  And since I hate doing the standard card and money, here are a few of the things we've decided to do...

[one]
Curly Girl jars.  If you don't yet know about Curly Girl, you NEED to.  Go here!  They have the cutest, funnest, most inspiring 'stuff'!  I have 6 volleyball girls from my old team who are seniors.  So, I ordered 6 jars that said "she packed up all her potential and all she had known, grabbed a cute pair of shoes and headed out to change a few things".  Then I filled them with quarters.  Who doesn't need quarters for laundry when they're in college??  I think it's safe to say they loved them when we all met up for dinner on Friday night!

[two]
Jewelry Box.  Jon made this for his cousin who is graduating from high school this year.  He also had made a slightly bigger 'memory' box for my cousin who graduated from college a few years ago.  We certainly don't do this for every grad, but he does some AMAZING work.




Yep, he's a handy guy to keep around ;)  He also had his first sale in his Etsy shop this past week -- woohoo hubs!  If you want to check it out, you can find it HERE!

What about you guys?  Any great graduation presents you've done?  I'm always searching for something new and original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments so keep 'em coming! :)